Pennsylvania high school students and their parents should take advantage of the many free college fairs throughout the state.
College fairs give you the opportunity to speak with representatives from numerous institutions. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you go:
- When you arrive, locate the schools you are most interested in attending and investigate them first.
- Ask questions and take notes.
- Add your name to lots of mailing lists. (Bring adhesive address labels to avoid writer's cramp.)
- Ask about ways to pay for higher education. If the college representative can't answer your questions, look for a Pennsylvania School Services Higher Education Access Partner.
- Take a shopping bag with you for the loads of brochures and admission materials you will collect.
- When you get home, organize and file your materials so you can easily access them when it's time to start making decisions.