Pennsylvania Targeted Industry Program: Prepare
Before you apply, check if you are eligible.
Am I Eligible?
To be considered for PA-TIP, you must:
- Be a domiciliary of Pennsylvania.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or recognized homeschool certificate.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the award year for which PA-TIP funds are being requested.
- Complete and return the 2013-14 PA-TIP application to PHEAA by April 1, 2014 (application will be available no later than July 1, 2013).
- Be enrolled at an institution approved by PHEAA.
- Be enrolled in an approved program of study (PDF) that is at least 10 weeks but less than two academic years in length. Students attending non-profit institutions must be enrolled at least half-time in an approved program. All other students must be enrolled full-time.
- Have financial need as determined by the program guidelines and certified by the school.
- Not be in default or pending default on an education loan or owe a State Grant refund.
- Not be receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant for the program of study.
- Supply a copy of the DD214 Form if the applicant is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and was honorably discharged.
NOTE: Students who have completed a bachelor's or graduate degree are still eligible to apply for a PA-TIP award.
- 1-800-654-5984 (TDD)
By U.S. Mail
State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
Hours of Operations
May to August
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (ET)
September to April
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
Are You a Veteran?
Don't forget to attach a copy of the DD214 Form with your application. Your Veteran status can help maximize your award amount.
Read Our FAQ
Get answers to your questions about the PA-TIP Program (PDF).
Are You a School or Employer interested in PA-TIP?
Find out how you can participate.
Documents & Forms
- 2012-13 PA-TIP Brochure (PDF)